Sunday, November 2, 2008

rap music and such..blog post #8

Blog about the ways in which popular music can be "dangerous" to society. Do you see the influence of singers and songwriters as positive or negative? Why?
Oddly enough I just had this conversation with a coworker who has a 5 year old daughter. She was listening to her ipod and he randomly took one of the ear buds out and took a listen just to see what she was listening to. Well it turns out it was a rap song basically degrading women and telling them to dress sleazier and to act like "ho's" Needless to say he was fairly upset and went immediately to his wife who listens to rap music and downloads the songs for their daughter. She told him that she didn't know that's what the song had said and then deleted the song from the ipod. I have noticed in increase in sexual activity and behavior among much younger children. Also girls are wearing make-up and dressing more provocatively. My little brother is a sophomore in hs and he told me girls are having sex very young.I wouldn't say it's all the music's fault but I definitely feel it plays a large role.

No comments: